Yesterday I went along to the Croydon Masonic Hall in West Croydon with a team of fellow Croydon Conservatives to give blood.
Giving blood saves lives it's that simple. The blood you give is a lifeline in an emergency and for people who need long-term treatments. So me going along was a real no brainer.
Why do we need you to give blood?
The NHS needs new blood donors from all backgrounds to ensure there is the right blood available for patients who need it.
Specifically they need:
- Nearly 400 new donors a day to meet demand
- Around 135,000 new donors a year to replace those who can no longer donate
- 40,000 more black donors to meet growing demand for better-matched blood
- 30,000 new donors with priority blood types such as O negative every year
- More young people to start giving blood so we can make sure we have enough blood in the future
It's really easy, doesn't hurt at all, and is over and done with in about 10-15 minutes. It's comfortable, and there's a team of incredible nurses all there to make sure everything runs smoothly.
If you want to find out more then visit https://www.blood.co.uk/. Every donation makes a huge difference to saving someones life.